Saturday, November 17, 2007

Well, here I am for the last time for now at the Internet Cafe in Vienna! I had the perfect last day of a great adventure. I woke up to beautiful sunshine! Thank you very much. I headed to the local market to get the last bit of chocolate for all of you. Came back and emptied my stash and then headed to the Nachmarkt by Mariahilfestrasse. I use to go to it on Saturdays many years ago. The fun thing is that I ran into 2 girls from the BYU Study Abroad. How is that for coincidence?? We bought scarves together. I told them to watch out, look at me and know that some day many years ahead they'll be dreaming about coming hear again!!

I did a little more shopping down Mariahilfe strasse, walked more town down Kirchengasse, went to Kartnerstrasse to get a little more phone time on my handy and headed back to my apt. to rest.

This is a serious last day in Vienna! I rested for 2 hours and headed to the Kristkindlmarkt at the Rathaus (another must do again experience!!). Oh my gosh, it has grown so much....10 times bigger. It was everything I dreamed of. I was there to see the lighting of the tree, hear the band playing oompapa Christmas music with a million other people. It was so fun. It was so Austrian. I bought hand painted ornaments, lebkuchen and two hats.......look out Sarah, I have the cutest Xmas hat for you! You have to wear it! and a freshly made donut where you tell them what filling you want in it and they do it right there! Last day for a donut (actually my first on the trip!)

It's 7:30 and feels like 10 because it gets dark so early and it's so dang cold. I lost my gloves at the market..........bummer! Oh, well, last frozen temperature night!

Well, last entry until I get home! Auf Wiedersehen Vienna and it will be Guten Abend when I get home. Love ya all! Cherie, mom

No comments: