Friday, November 16, 2007

Okay, the first picture of this blog is probably the most important of all my pictures on the trip. You might ask yourself but why? It looks like an embarassing picture of Cherie in her nightgown. Now, why would she take such a picture? Why would this be important? Be important, are you kidding?? This picture was taken at 5:17 a.m. to be exact, thank you! I woke up to a call from Sean telling me that he had done his professional investigative work to get my phone number..oops, mom didn't give her family her phone number. Maybe I shouldn't admit this part....well, there was a lot of noise in the background. They were restraining Shane from opening his long awaited missionary papers until they got a hold of me!! He got his call. Grandmas and grandpa, family, friends, video machine and me in Vienna, Austria all waited with bated breath.............to where?? Chicago, Illinois. My son is going to Chicago, Illinois!!! I am so excited. Congratulations Elder Shane Shoemaker!! He goes into the MTC 2-13-08! I am so proud of you son. Now do you know why this is my most important picture?????

I slept in Friday morning and woke up to a view of snow! Shane, look what you have to look forward to in Chicago!! Sorry not just the same, Chicago has more snow and more wind...I'm being positive.!! Shane, by the way, was hoping to be called to a big city! Oh, back to Friday. I spent the morning packing and then decided it was a good museum day. I had to eat a late lunch-early dinner at my once favorite Wienerwald. I think my taste has changed. I'm not going to recreate that memory again. Sean, I took the picture of the food choices for you...your staple of Berlin, ha! The kids were having a snow fight outside of the museum. Believe it or not, it has taken me the rest of the afternoon and evening to blog. I've been experiencing blog drama!! I hope reading this blog has been work it to you. It has to me.

Tomorrow, I spend the whole stinking day enjoying the Xmas markets.........that's for tomorrow. They're lighting the Christmas tree by the Rathaus! I'm so excited!!! In case I don't make it to blog further...........I leave for home Sunday at 4a.m. for the airport via taxi like Carla. I am so sad to see this all end. Thank you Steve, kids, and mom and dad for making this possible. And again, Debbie, Dave, Claralynn & Ben.......thank you for your love. Debbie I will always cherish the time I got to spend with you. I feel so much closer to you. I'm so grateful to be your sister in law. It has been an amazing musical and life adventure. Love ya all! Cherie


















1 comment:

Summer Adams said...

Such AWESOME final pics before leaving. And we're soooooooo excited for Shane!!!!!!! please tell him for us. We'd love to see you when you come back and drop him off at the MTC. I'm due the 20th but maybe will be induced on the 13th, we'll see. So I'd love to see you guys!!!