Friday, November 16, 2007

Carla left our apt. at 4 a.m. via taxi to catch her plane. I miss her sorely. We have had the adventure of all adventures...............our personal oddessy!!! I'm so happy we were able to create such an adventure together. Life long forever memories..........!! That morning, I had a wonderful talk with Emily Struckman, wife if the famous baritone Faulk. She is giving me some real help with futhering my career. Thank you Emily!! Wednesday, the clouds parted and dropped her sunlight on me. Forget the museums...........I went out walking for at least 4 hours. Love the scissor door handle? I talked to the owner of this knife scissor shop. It's been in their family for 4 generations. I took my walk down memory lane again........from the museum (always the Rathaus in view), past the beautiful bakerie to Burggasse by Kirchengasse to the Hotel Kugel where the other part of our group lived. Mr. Johannes Pooller was sitting there when I went in. I couldn't help it!! I cried. I was so embarassed! I hadn't seen him for so long. He always greeted us students with a loud "Gruss Gott!" I know he didn't remember me but I will never forget him. How do you tell someone like that how much they mean to you? I tried to but everytime I did, the tears just came. Sister Hinckley in a talk told of her frustration of one of her sons who always took off for the creek while she the mother worked. She would wonder what is he was doing down there every day. She was obviously frustrated that he got to play while she worked. Later in life when he was an adult full of frustrations and stress, when he would come home to visit, he would go back down to that creek. It was at this time that Sister Hinckley was grateful that her son had that creek. Vienna has been a type of creek for me. When life is stressful, those experience as a young women fill my mind and bring me joy! Yes, another lunch at my old spot, goulache (a favorite their for us students.) We would always do our grocery shopping at the Billa.......but we didn't have such a cool sign. You would never see shopping carts at the grocery stores then. The women would come with their own baskets. I contacted a possible future agent thanks to Emily and headed to the opera to watch her husband, Faulk, in Fidelio. He was great. That's a picture of me in the Vienna Opera House. I went standing room, about $5, wow what a deal, right? NOt!! What was I thinking. I about died. I experienced a fabulous opera via the standing room torture chamber................never, never, never again. I will spend the money. What was I thinking???? (Note the cool picture of the reflection of Burgasse from the back of a car..oooo!!)

























No comments: